Tank cleaning and painting project, for an American barge of 178.00 m of length, a 24 m beam, and a 12.8 m prop serviced afloat in the shipyard’s outfitting quay. This project required the express seaborne importation of iron silicate abrasive, from Houston to Hutchison Ports TNG, in order to perform the cleaning of the tanks; A logistics service facilitated to the client thanks to the Department of Foreign Trade of TNG.
The following activities were carried out during the vessel’s stay at the shipyard:
- Import and unloading of about 3,000 tons of abrasive with iron silicate.
- Sandblast and painting of a 24,194 m2 surface corresponding to 13 tanks, with special coating for the storage of chemical products.
- Assistance in tank curing.
- Painting and miscellaneous works of steel on the roof.
- Installation of 11 Framo pumps, and tank washing systems.